Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Already Nesting!


Being pregnant, I am starting to feel the urge to clean, organize, and decorate every square inch of my house. Inside and out. Hubby is already on board too! I think he just wants me to do as much of it as I can while I still "feel good"! Aka No excuses!! As I tackle this over the next few months, I will blog about it and post before and after pictures. Right now, our house looks like we just moved in. Which we kinda just did. Things are shoved in closets and hidden all over the townhouse. But I am ready to get things going. I want this house to look like a home before our little babypoohbear arrives. Plus, without me working this will keep me busy and will hopefully result in a magical casa transformation.


Week 1:
BEDROOMS!
Closet & Drawer Systems

* Empty (Check)
* Clean Shelves & Drawers with all purpose cleaner (check)
* Sort Clothing- discard any unwanted items (check)
* Put clothing back & organize (check)

Bed

* Remove all bedding and launder (check)
* Remove everything under the bed- sort, giveaway pile, organize (check)
* Slide bed over and vacuum underneath (yeah right!)
* Dust & clean fan and or light fixture (check)
* Dust entire bed frame (Check)
* Move bed back (not without hubby's help)

Room- Clean from top to bottom (dust falls...)

* Nightstands & Shelves- dust, organize, purge (check)
* Clean windows- including sills, frame, edges, etc. (check)
* Vacuum (check)


YAY for week one being done! One time I was happy we only had 2 bedrooms!!!!


Here is the master! We have some more work in here!! We will be refinishing the dressers and nightstands! I will post before and after pics of those as well!!!





Here is the spare bedroom! This room will soon be getting a totally new look! Yup, this will be the nursery!!!







Week 2: BATHROOMS!
Shower/Tub

* Remove all products (check)
* Scrub the tub (check)
* Organize and replace products (check)
* Use a daily shower cleaner to keep up on grime (check)


Sink/Vanity

* Remove everything from the counter tops, drawers and cupboards (check(
* Clean with an all purpose cleaner- including the counter, insides of drawers and cupboards (check
* Organize all the goodies you removed- toss at least 3 items (check)
* Put all the items back (check)

Toilet

* Use toilet cleaner for the bowl (Check)(A great green cleaner that deodorizes as well is to just pour 2 cups of vinegar in the bowl, let sit for a couple hours or overnight, scrub with a brush and flush)
* Use an all purpose cleaner for the exterior, don't forget the top and handle (check)

No comments: