Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Coming Out to parents

Of course we wanted to do something with every set of parent as we told them...it hasn't quite worked out that way. So when we really come out and tell the world we will for sure do it in a fun way!!

I told my mom via Skype! I had sent her some "vision boards" with decorating ideas on them. As she went through each slide and picked out the things she liked and disliked, I couldn't wait for her to get to the slides with cribs. She didn't quite get it at first. I had to say well I know how much you like birds and we really like this crib bedding and since you may be sharing a room with the baby when you come to visit in September we wanted to make sure you liked the room!! She was SHOCKED. It sucks she lives in California but it was a great way to tell her because I got to see her reaction! Thank the Lord for Skype!!

So the past 2 weeks we have told my Dad & Ruthie as well as Nick's parents. It kind of just came out with my Dad. I was over visiting and just felt like I couldn't hold it in anymore. I spilled the beans. Him and Ruthie were both very exciting and pretty shocked!!

We had planned to do something fun with Nick's Parent's since they would be in town visiting this weekend. We are a family of game loving fools. So on Friday after dinner we played a game of Progressive Gin. Nick and I had already rigged it where we pulled the jokers out of the card deck and wrote in sharpie that we were having a baby! So when Nick's parents both said that they only had 9 cards, and 10 are needed for the game Nick handed them each the jokers as the additional cards. His dad right away said wait this is a joker we can't use them in this game right? And I just said yeah you can with a big grin. He hadn't caught on and threw it on the table. Nick's mom then started staring at the card. She had just put the joker in her hand and not thought twice about looking at it. She was too occupied with Chuck's card and what it read. She stared at it and then looked up at me and said "Are you really" we both nodded and she jumped up and gave me hug! Chuck was totally confused at this point and then read the card and picked up on it! They were both so excited and of course the game was put on hold for an hour while Momma G & I gabbed! ;O)
It was prefect.




We cannot wait to tell the rest of the families on Easter!! We will be in Roanoke to tell Nick's family at the dinner table as well as Skype my side of the family in California. I think we may wait to tell the rest of my Dad's side at his birthday dinner a few days after Easter! We cannot wait!!!



Photobucket

No comments: