Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Let's talk cloth.




Nick and I started talking about different diapering options shortly after we got our positive test. Of course I jumped right in to researching everything for little one. It was quite clear right away that the cost of cloth diapering is considerably less expensive than disposables in the long run. Did you know that, on average, a baby goes through 6,000 diaper changes before they are potty-trained and the average diaper costs $.30. I'm sure all those already-mothers knew this, but good golly!! That's over $1800 in diapers!! We realize the initial investment is quite a bit, but it's definitely less than $1800!

From prefolds and fitted, doublers, contoured, soakers, covers, hemp, cotton, pocket diapers, hybrids, AIO, AI2 and OS....I was overwhelmed just 5 minutes into the research! When all was said and done I like the idea of the one-size that grow with baby using snaps or the hybrid diapers. Then you really only have to buy once, instead of at each stage as the baby grows. There are so many out there to choose from too! We were most interested in Bum Genius, Fuzzibuns, Kushies, and gDiapers. They all have separate liners that you pull out to wash or liners that can just be thrown or flushed. We have discussed this a lot over the past 4 months and are really excited to try out GDiapers Of course the hubs likes the name and the G on the bum best ;O) I am sure we won't be so thrilled with cleaning poo off the diapers after the excitement wears off hah! But I know one thing for certain, our tank sprayer will be our new est friend!!

We are excited to start our cloth diapering venture!!





Photobucket

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

We're going to CD too! I decided to go with the BumGenius 3.0 OS diapers. I can't wait. :)

MJ said...

I have been researching cloth diapers, and have decided that is the way we want to go!

I stumbled across this website that gives a tutorial on cloth diapers (you don't watch it you read it) it was SO helpful, it explained all the differences between the types of CDs and what works best for what!! It also gives a break down of cost comparisons to disposable.

http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/

They also sell CDs but I think I may go on a hunt for a diaper swap website and get gently used!