Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My thoughts...

This one is for you Anne :O)

I have been requested to maybe post some of the things that I researched and my likes. So here are some things that we are choosing to do/buy some may be a bit different than what the norm is!

1st and foremost we are using a hybrid diaper called Gdiapers. If you are not sure what a hybrid is here is a quick explanation in my words-A cross between a disposable and cloth diaper. You have the option to use cloth inserts or biodegradable insert called a flushie in a Gpant(outer shell of diaper) The flushies can be flushed down the toilet, trashed, or composted. We will mostly be cloth diapering when home and when out and about or traveling we will be using the flushies! We are not opposed to other cloth diapers and if I come across a good deal, you bet I will be all over that! So far we have purchased 6 diapers, 8 liners, and 6 inserts. My mom and I will be making a lot more inserts on my trip to CA and cannot wait to start a fun little sewing project with her!

I will be breastfeeding, God willing. I will be a SAHM and will be combining breast & pump for sheer convenience as well as bonding for daddy & baby. I will not be getting an electric pump that is expensive and gets mediocre reviews. I have talked to a lot of SAHM who have used both manual & high end electric and listened to their thoughts and I feel that manual will be the way to go for me. If I find out otherwise then I will splurge on a boob sucking machine. As far as my recommendations, I am still undecided on the Lanisoh manual or the Medula. If you have heard anything or used either that would possibly sway my judgment I am all ears (or eye's in the blog world).

We will be using the Playtex Nurser Drop-In system. At first hubby was hesitant of the drop in part, but after I showed him research he was on board. Plus that means less washing :O) I am hoping baby will not fight me on that one! We will be warming bottles with warm water or on stove. We do not own a microwave (even though they say not to put it in there most people do). We did purchase a car bottle warmer on clearance.

We will be using a used carseat. Chicco Keyfit 22. It is less than a year old and has only been used a few times. Yes, I know this is a huge no no for some people, but for us it worked out perfectly and know where it has been.

I am not a travel system gal at all. I wanted a jogging stroller and an umbrella /ultra-lightweight stroller. After doing some research I still had not found anything that was perfect! I really wanted something I could use w/ little one early on but knew I wouldn't be needing it too often since I wanted to use a carrier as well. It so happens my mom picked up a gently used Graco at a yard sale she couldn't pass up. So it looks like that is what we will be using :O) I am pleased because it is lightweight, fully reclines, & maneuvers well.

For more on the stroller and car seat including pics click here

Hmmm let's see what else! Bathing is still in the research process. I hear/read mixed things on just about everything! We don't have much storage so I am not sure yet. I was thinking the sponge option but just not sure.

When the times comes we will be making our own baby food. I cannot wait to start experimenting on that one ;O)

We are planning on hopefully borrowing or buying used as much as we can as far as exercausers and play gyms as well as swing and bouncer! These things are just so short term and I cannot imagine dishing out the cash for those!

If I think of anything else I will be sure to blog!




Photobucket

2 comments:

Studentrntiffany said...

We have decided to do cloth as well. I bought a couple of the Gdiapers but after talking to some moms who use them I decided that they will be our "going out" option only. Ive been told that they dont last for very long, compared to bumgenius. I bought a bunch of sample packs from kellycloset.com.

Wishing you the best of luck!! I love reading along as we are pretty close to the same gestation.

Check me out: www.studentrntiffany.wordpress.com

Love,
Tiff

Unknown said...

Nice blog!

I just saw the post about diapers. You should check out www.kissaluvs.com they sell 2nd's of their diapers for a great price. We love everything we have received from them. The new covers and AIO's are incredible!