Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

12 Weeks!


Some say that 12 weeks is the beginning of the 2nd trimester! So to some I am already there!!! I am going by the fact that a pregnancy s 40 weeks and divide into 3, that would make 2nd trimester starting 13 weeks 3 days!! Almost there!! 10 days to go!

Baby's face is looking more human as his eyes have moved to the front of his head and his ears are in place. Hooray! Other amazing fetal highlights this week:

Your baby is able to swallow this week and practices on the amniotic fluid he or she floats in. (And you thought baby food was kind of nasty!) And in case you're wondering how your kid can breathe in all that fluid, here's your answer: Fetuses get oxygen from the blood pumped into their bodies by the placenta and don't breathe with their lungs. Mystery solved!

Junior has doubled in size over the past two weeks and now weighs almost ½ ounce. He's also now around 2 ½ inches long!

Shay and our little "plum" 3.12.2010







Photobucket

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oooooh Wednesday is hear the heartbeat day?! I just read that on your side calendar thingy. My doc told me that 13 weeks 3 days was the official start of second tri so yup only 10 days! It will go by fast. The first time I felt the baby was 12 weeks something I think... I'll have to look at the blog. Are you in a hotel in your pic?

shay said...

Yup I went to Nashville for an Oral Cancer walk!