Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Gender?


Ok so the topic of gender has come up recently with several people. Nope, don't have a gut feeling. All the Old Wives Tales says its a girl. Yup, from the ring/needle on a string to the Chinese predictor. Most of my family as well as Nick's are thinking blue. I love the little girls name we picked and recently my heart melted when I saw this little girls bedding I found even more than the bedding that I fell in love with that was gender neutral. So maybe those are little signs? Who knows!!!

I have told DH that we could pay $30 and get one of those Intelli-Gender piss testers and he said nope. We are going to a Baby Fair at a local hospital in a few weekend where there will be lots of vendors so I am hoping to find a coupon for 1/2 price 3d u/s or something! I need to just see when our gender sonogram will be scheduled (I know around 20 weeks) but maybe I can convince them a little earlier since baby is measuring little further and I will be going to CA so closely after my u/s. We shall see if I can do a little sweet talking ;O)

Here is a little tidbit someone posted on one of the message boards I am on, thought it was pretty interesting ;O)
"One of the earliest written records of a urine-based pregnancy test can be found in an ancient Egyptian document. A papyrus described a test in which a woman who might be pregnant could urinate on wheat and barley seeds over the course of several days: “If the barley grows, it means a male child. If the wheat grows, it means a female child. If both do not grow, she will not bear at all.” Testing of this theory in 1963 found that 70 percent of the time, the urine of pregnant women did promote growth, while the urine of non-pregnant women and men did not. Scholars have identified this as perhaps the first test to detect a unique substance in the urine of pregnant women, and have speculated that elevated levels of estrogens in pregnant women’s urine may have been the key to its success."



Photobucket

1 comment:

Kaleigh Meduri said...

All of the OWT said mine was a girl too, and so did the Chinese gender chart...but nope...BOY. I was a little disappointed at first, but now I'm really excited! :D