Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

All jeaned out!

So I am in need of some maternity jeans. I was going to borrow some from a friend who just had her baby, however they are pretty big on me. Bummer. So off I headed in search of some today. Not really that I NEED them right now because of my (non-existent) ever growing belly...the bloat tends to push my nice fitting jeans down and they slip a bit in the rear as well as kind of start digging in by the end of the day. So I decided that for this weekends trip to Nashville for the Oral Cancer Awareness walk I would need to wear maternity jeans for comfort. Then of course when I REALLY need to start wearing them I will. Off to Kohls and Old Navy I went! Wasn't paying that much at Kohls and wasn't a big fan of the ON ones. I even decided to try once upon a child. Which it seemed all of those were too short! I guess these jeans have so much stretch they shrink up pretty bad (note to self to air dry)Then I realized I had a JCP gift card. So there headed. In desperation I tried on about 15 different styles & washed. I found a pair I "could live with" but they were a little baggy in the rear. Some say I have a flat toosh-including myself. But I have come to realize that now that I am loosing some weight my rear is coming back :O) and I need to wear properly fitted jeans to see that cute lil heiney of mine! So anywhooo I decided on the jeans in a medium. DO WHAT?! Yes I am in a size 12/14 right now so that would say large. Not 8/10 medium. But whatever! They may not fit 6 months from now but they look good now at that is what counts, since it will be hotter heck and probably wont be wearing jeans after May or June anyways!

I hope the next maternity article of clothing I purchase isn't such an ordeal!

****Looks like I will be headed back out tomorrow in sear4ch of the perfect jeans. I have worn these around the house for the poast hour or so & ran up and down the stgairs a few times. Too much stretch, these suckers just slide of my flat bum. Wish me luck in the a.m.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Hey!!! Ugh shopping when you are pregnant in general SUCKS. You can't just buy slightly bigger cute tops or jeans and maternity jeans you never know what you need. SUCKS. I borrowed some from a friend and out of the 8 she had I think 3 pair fit. Who knows what I'll do for summer wear once it gets too hot for jeans. Oh and I just JUST realized that you were Mrs. Grant that comments on my blogspot. I'm an idiot.

:)
Mindy
(mindyc05)